Teaching English in Chile affords the opportunity to experience a truly beautiful country of spectacular contrasts. The country forms the spine of Latin America and has a spectacular pacific coastline, with beautiful Andean highlands. It has a growing economy, a strong demand for English, the people are warm and friendly and there is much to explore.
Paid English teaching jobs are not so easy to find on the net. Most employers will want to meet you or talk to you face-to-face. If you don't want to go through a voluntary agency, this means contacting schools via the net, speaking to the directors and telling them when you can be in-country.
From business English to teaching children, to freelancing, the demand to learn English is strong, and you can brush up on your Spanish at the same time.
Tips for teaching English in Chile:
* choose the 120-hour TESOL Premier course for Latin America
* the 30-hour Teaching Business English for Chile
* the 30-hour Teaching English to Young Learners course
* it may be possible to find teaching with a shorter UK-based weekend/3 day course
* View comments from our TESOL graduates teaching English in Chile
We suggest one of these courses for this country: