Global English TESOL Courses Terms of Trade
Application for enrolment onto a Global English TESOL course or teaching practice programme or purchase of a product through our website is seen as acceptance of the following terms. Please read the following information carefully.
1. Company - The name and address of the supplier is Global English TESOL Courses, Senate Court, Southernhay Gardens, Exeter EX 1 1NT, UK. The partners are William Bradridge and Louisa Walsh. To correspond with us or in the event of any complaint, please contact us at the above address or by email at email@example.com. Our office hours are 09.00 – 17.00 GMT Monday to Friday. If you wish to contact us by telephone, please call 01392 411999 from the UK and +44 (0) 1392 411999 from outside the UK. Calls are charged at UK standard rates if you are calling from inside the UK and international rates from outside the UK.
2. Enrolment - acceptance onto all online and weekend courses is at the discretion of the Course Director and dependent on individual course eligibility requirements. Should an applicant be deemed unsuitable or not appropriately qualified, the prospective application will not be completed and an explanation will be given as to the reasons for non-acceptance. In this instance any course fees will be refunded.
3. Pricing - Global English TESOL Courses provides TEFL/TESOL online courses and face-to-face programmes through our partner organisations.
We accept payment in 7 currencies for our online courses: Sterling, US Dollar, Euro, AU Dollar, NZ Dollar, HK Dollar and Canadian Dollar. Please select the currency you wish to pay with on the courses pages. Where appropriate, all taxes are included in the prices displayed. Online course prices are the same worldwide and we use sterling as our base price. Other currencies may vary from time to time subject to fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Prices for the Weekend and 3 day courses are controlled and administered by TEFL.org and are subject to change at any time.
4. Additional costs and fees - We may recommend the purchase of some books for help with the course and beyond. The trainee meets the costs of book purchase, although our recommended reading list is kept to a minimum. Additional certificates and products are also available at prices stated on our website.
5. Method of payment
a. Online - on the secure enrolment form via our website we accept MasterCard, Visa Credit and Debit card payments in all 7 currencies and American Express (GBP and USD only). If choosing to pay online, a confirmation receipt will be sent via automated email. This details the date, delivery details, type of course, payment type and amount.
b. By telephone - if you choose to pay by telephone, we accept the same cards as above. Confirmation receipt will be sent via automated email once processed. Please note that weekend courses have to be paid in full before your place can be secured.
c. We also accept payment via Paypal, Bank Transfer and Western Union Money Transfer, personal sterling cheques, Euro cheques, postal orders in Sterling or Euro, and International Money Orders. Please contact us for details.
d. We accept payment for training by institutions, government agencies or companies. Contact us in firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an invoice to be raised for your course. Payment must be received in full before course commencement.
6. Payment by instalment - for an additional £20 fee (or other currency equivalent) trainees can pay for online courses in up to 6 equal instalments, when paying by credit or debit card. Please select instalment payment from the options on the payment page. The first payment is taken on the date of enrolment, with following payments made at the same time in each of the following months. Trainees should note they are contractually obliged to complete the instalment plan initiated and that trainees who fail to keep to the payment deadlines will be in breach of contract and risk being withdrawn from the course by Global English TESOL courses. We reserve the right to make recovery of monies owed and pass on relevant details to debt collection agencies as necessary. We do not offer payment by instalment facilities for weekend course programmes, TEFL/TESOL products or any versions of the course in beta.
7. Cooling off period and course transfers -
a) Courses - if trainees have purchased the course through the Global English website direct: trainees may receive a full refund providing a refund request is received by Global English TESOL Courses in writing by email to email@example.com within 14 days of course registration, if they have not commenced the course (deemed as submitting a module for marking on an offline course or completed the course introduction on an interactive course). Trainees within the 14 day refund period can expect a full refund without stating a reason for the return. Refunds are normally issued within 7 days of notification and made in the manner of the initial payment, less any charges or fees incurred through bank transfers to non-sterling accounts. Course time commences when the registration is received by Global English.
b) Courses - transfers between offline and interactive versions
Trainees are permitted to transfer between an offline and interactive course version providing:
i) The course has both interactive and offline versions available
ii) No questions that require marking by a tutor have been submitted prior to transfer request
iii) Payment is made to reflect the difference in price if new course price is higher
iv) Transfers take place within 14 days of course registration
If the price of the course being transferred to is lower, the difference in price will be refunded, less a £25 or other currency administration fee.
Transfers between different courses are not permitted.
If you purchase via a 3rd party site: course refunds are subject to the stated terms on the 3rd party site at time of purchase.
c) Weekend courses - refunds and transfers: all weekend and 3 day course fees are subject to a non-refundable £75 deposit, which will be retained by us should the trainee decide not to proceed with the course. Should the trainee decide to withdraw from the course within 14 days of the course commencing, then no refund will be issued. Course transfers to another date are possible, up to 7 clear days before original course commencement and subject to availability, for a £50 fee. Within 7 clear days of the original date booked, no transfers are permitted. No refunds are permitted on transferred courses.
8. Personal Tutor - access to a personal tutor is provided for help with the online courses. The personal tutor can be contacted via one or more of the following - telephone, Skype, email or messaging through our website. Your tutor will send a welcome message to your student dashboard page, usually within 24 hours of your enrolment.
9. Receiving your course
a) offline version – trainees will be sent an automated message with a password to access their student login area via the student login page on our website. Trainees download the study booklets and answer booklets for Modules 1 and 2 straightaway from their dashboard along with the ‘Essential Course Information' booklet, containing all course rules. Trainees write their responses in the Microsoft Word answer booklet and then upload it to their dashboard when ready. Course tutors will return work via the dashboard when marked with a score and feedback, usually within 3 working days. All further study booklets become available for download once Module 1 has been passed.
The tutor reserves the right to withhold a grade on a module where sufficient learning has not been demonstrated. In this case trainees may be asked to rewrite their answers so a grade can be awarded. This is only at the discretion of the tutor. All modules have to be completed at least 50% pass for a certificate to be awarded.
b) interactive version – trainees on the interactive courses have a mix of auto-assessed and tutor-assessed responses. Essential course information is contained in the course introduction module, which sets out the course rules.
Trainees answer questions via their browser, which are marked by the tutor and returned usually within 1 working day. The tutor reserves the right to withhold a mark on a question where sufficient learning has not been demonstrated or use of English is not sufficient and impedes understanding.
Once all modules are completed, a final grade is awarded based the total number of marks gained, divided by the total number of possible marks for the course. Grades given for the final Global English TESOL Courses certificates are either A, B or pass. This course is not available for download.
10. Course rules - trainees may work together, comparing notes and exchanging ideas, but identical or near identical answers to longer questions (such as lesson plans, essays and free form answers) will not be permitted.
In the event of copying, we reserve the right to ask the respective students to resubmit work which is their own and not the same or nearly identical to another person’s work. Failure to comply with this rule will result in removal from the course itself and all course fees will be forfeited.
When citing work from other sources, appropriate reference should be made to the author and publication of the original work. Work that is copied whole and intact from other sources or is plagiarised will not be accepted. Failure to comply with Global English TESOL Courses rules on copying and plagiarism will result in removal from the course itself and all course fees will be forfeited.
11. Course completion, time extension and certification – students have a limited time of to complete their course from the date of registration, as outlined on the course registration page for each course. On successful completion of the course, trainees will receive the appropriate Global English TESOL Courses certificate. Where appropriate, course extensions can be purchased via the student login page. For ACTDEC accredited courses, an optional ACTDEC certificate is available for an additional fee. Should a trainee need more time to complete a course, extensions of 7 days, 30 days, 90 days and 180 days are available via the dashboard page. In extreme circumstances, trainees may apply direct to the office for an extension fee waiver. Applications for fee waivers are reviewed on a case by case basis.
12. Access to the course materials post-completion
a) Offline version: since all coursework is completed and stored on the trainee’s computer trainees have access to their marked course work post-completion.
b) Interactive version: students will only be able to access their course material for the stated duration of each specific course. Once the course is completed and the course duration has elapsed, extra time can be purchased in order to access the student area and view stored materials. See bookshop page/products for price and time options.
13. Weekend/3 day courses: if selecting a weekend or 3 day course, trainees will receive a receipt confirming the date of course chosen, the location and details of the payment amount, along with the cooling off period (see 7 above). Global English TESOL Courses will pass details on to our weekend course partner, Tefl.org, who will contact you with all the necessary information needed ahead of your course programme. They will issue a certificate upon successful weekend completion. Weekend/3 day courses are carried out under TEFL.org's terms and conditions.
14. Work opportunities - Global English TESOL Courses trainees are teaching worldwide. However, successful completion of any course does not guarantee employment. Trainees can access information on teaching conditions and opportunities worldwide via our website. Some of this information is provided by Global English former trainees themselves. This information is general in nature but we are unable to guarantee complete accuracy. It is for general guidance only and does not constitute advice in any way and we strongly advise you to research a country further before travelling abroad to work, particularly regarding work and visa regulations. From time to time, recruiting schools and organisations contact Global English TESOL Courses looking for teachers. We may post details on our web site and/or contact potential trainees who may be interested in these posts. However, these schools are not known to Global English TESOL Courses and we strongly advise you to vet terms and conditions carefully before accepting work.
15. Website use and links – any unauthorised use of the Global English TESOL Courses website is prohibited.
Information contained within our courses and on our website is for guidance and information only and we are not responsible for any outcomes related to how such information is acted upon. Our website includes links to other websites, which are provided solely for your information. Global English TESOL Courses does not endorse the linked websites in any way and we accept no responsibility of any kind for content on any other website we link to.
17. Complaints procedure - if you have any complaint about any aspect of the service you receive from Global English TESOL Courses, please put your complaint in writing to the Course Director, and send to Global English TESOL Courses at the address given in section 1 above, or via email to our centre. All complaints received in this form are recorded and processed by the department responsible, in accordance with our Quality Policy.
18. Global English and English law – Global English TESOL Courses is a partnership that resides in the UK and is subject to English law. Transacting with us is seen as acceptance of the terms and conditions here stated and, should a dispute arise, any proceedings are to be conducted in the UK and are to be subject to English law.