The United Arab Emirates is a federation of seven emirates or states, the best known being Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah. The Emirates enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world, part of which is the fact that the states are relatively crime-free. Combining the traditions of the East with the technology of the West, you will find this Arab-Islamic country to have one of the most liberal societies among all the other Arab nations.
Much of UAE’s wealth is founded on oil and you can expect to find a real diversity of nationalities enjoying a very good standard of living as a result. Tourism is heavily promoted and with state-of-the-art communication services and transport, the presence of international luxury hotel chains, rich shopping malls and cultural centres.
There is a large expat community in the UAE and while it should be remembered that it is an Islamic state, the laws that govern everyday social interaction are fairly relaxed in comparison to other countries in the region, such as Saudi Arabia.
Tips for teaching English in UAE:
* choose the 250-hour TESOL Master course for the Middle East
* consider adding a 30-hour Business TESOL as this specialism is very much in demand
* alternatively, the 300-hour TESOL Professional course combines the above courses with our 20-hour Teaching English Online course.
* dress for business and present a professional CV/resume
* ask any contacts you have in the Emirates to find out about working opportunities there