Countries where there is demand for host teachers:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Guadeloupe, Ireland, Italy, Japan, La Réunion, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA.
* To offer full-board accommodation over 1-4 weeks
* To integrate international students into the life of a family/social visits etc.
* To teach English (or your native language which should be one of these: French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Swedish as appropriate)
* To teach for either 10, 15, 20 hours per week
You will be hosting and teaching your native language to international students
Ages of students: 16 to 75 years and could be any level from beginner to advanced.
Tutors are to collect their student from the airport/railway station and be available to give 10, 15 or 20 hours per week of individual tuition for 1 to 4 weeks, at any time of year.
Essentially, students should feel part of the family and should taken on local excursions and visits; and be involved in all aspects of family life and social activities
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Positive and outgoing, open-minded personality
* University Degree
* Comfortable home
* Should be qualified in Teaching English or in teaching their own, native language (French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish or Swedish)
* Prepared to accommodate and teach students (16-75 years)
About the provider
Eurolingua is the provider and is a large UK based organiser of language homestay experiences.
To register as a homestay tutor
If you can match Eurolingua’s high standards, then the quickest way to proceed is to complete the Eurolingua Homestay Registration procedure. Thereafter you can create and maintain your tutor profile for free.
Eurolingua takes care of all the promotion and marketing and arranges to send the client to the tutor and makes the payment to the tutor.
Global English bears no responsibility for the outcome of any positions to which an individual might apply. Prior to accepting employment, job-seekers are advised to fully research positions to their satisfaction.
Which TEFL course is best for me? Read our handy guide now.
Employers - have you got a position to advertise on our website and through our fortnightly newsletter? Click here.
"For the past two years I have worked here in Tuscany teaching all levels. I have already recommended your courses to one of my prospective teachers..."
— Alison Salmon, English World, Italy