In this new, virtual landscape, there is a feeling that we should all be Zoom experts by now – but if you barely know your share screen from your chat function, you are not alone.
If you’re a teacher who has moved into teaching online, do any of the following statements apply?
* I’d like to be more comfortable with Zoom functionality
* I’d like to use it better to connect with students
* I’d like to generate more interesting, interactive online lessons
* I’d like to be able to control the online classroom better
* I’d just like some practice in a supportive, friendly environment
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then our new course Teaching English on Zoom Basics is for you.
Part of our Spotlight series, this is a live, practical course where you’ll learn some tips, techniques, and essential Zoom functions to help optimise your zoom-based online English teaching classes.
You’ll learn how to:
* Invite your student to lessons, set up recurring invites - the Zoom basics
* Share sound and pictures. We’ll look at selecting images which work and demo how to use them, plus advanced sharing options for even more original task ideas
* Use the chat facility to support interactive learning
* Share screen so you and your students can annotate pictures and documents
* Use break out rooms effectively and innovatively
This is not a dry a technology how-to course. Rather, it is a practical, hands-on teaching experience - bursting with ideas to make your Zoom-based lessons more inspiring and interactive.
How the Zoom course works step-by-step:
* Engage in short pre-modules to prepare for the main live session. This will take you through the essentials with videos and short tasks and explainers.
* Take part in a live one-hour Zoom session with up to five other participants, led by an expert trainer.
* Leave with a pack of handy PDF resources, a certificate and a lot more confidence and ideas!
Open to all new or existing teachers, you will need to be able to join a Zoom session with sound and vision enabled.
This is ideal for updating your skills, continuing professional development and to showcase your knowledge to your employers.
Watch our short video on how to annotate a picture with a student in Louisa's live lesson below, then book your place today >>
Does this course include using a whiteboard during a Zoom lesson?
Thanks very much for your question. Yes, Module 2 will be all about screen sharing, which will include a section on sharing the Zoom whiteboard. It's also something you can practice in the live Zoom session as well if you wish.
Which TEFL course is best for me? Read our handy guide now.
Employers - have you got a position to advertise on our website and through our fortnightly newsletter? Click here.
"For the past two years I have worked here in Tuscany teaching all levels. I have already recommended your courses to one of my prospective teachers..."
— Alison Salmon, English World, Italy