BACK TO SCHOOL40% off Level 4/5 accredited courses

Book Now!
*sale ends 30th September - enrol today


Travel & Teach - China

Travel and Teach

Teaching positions for China are fewer than they were. A degree is now a necessity (there appear to be some provinces in rural schools where lack of a degree is not an issue but such schools are hard to find).  

If you are well-organised and are able to secure a position and sign a contract before your departure for China, you may be able to obtain a long-term work visa from the appropriate Chinese Embassy or Consulate (details in Useful Contacts). You will also require a medical certificate to secure this.

Conservative dress for interviews and teaching is recommended. You might find the guide to writing your CV on our site quite helpful here. 

A Foreign Teacher can expect to benefit from 3 to 4 weeks of paid holiday each year. Although the teaching week may seem short (16 hours of teacher contact) beware; large classes, additional marking and other responsibilities (such as delivering lectures on life in the West) may also be expected.

Our recommended courses for China are:

All Global English accredited courses now include online English teaching as standard, which is important, as post pandemic much teaching has gone online, and may stay that way in some form.

Back to listing...