Terms & Conditions
Global English Terms of Trade
Application for enrolment onto a Global English online course or teaching practice programme, is seen as acceptance of the following terms. Please read the following information carefully.
1. Company - The name and address of the supplier is Global English, Senate Court, Southernhay Gardens, Exeter EX 1 1NT, UK. The partners are William Bradridge and Louisa Walsh. To correspond with us or in the event of any complaint, please contact us at the above address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Global English office hours are 09.00 – 17.00 GMT Monday to Friday. If you wish to contact us by telephone, please call 01392 411999 from the UK and +44 (0) 1392 411999 from outside the UK. Calls are charged at UK standard rates if you are calling from inside the UK and international rates from outside the UK.
2. Enrolment - acceptance onto all online and weekend courses is at the discretion of the Course Director and dependent on individual course eligibility requirements. Should an applicant be deemed unsuitable or not appropriately qualified, the prospective application will not be completed and an explanation will be given as to the reasons for non-acceptance. In this instance any course fees will be refunded.
3. Pricing - Global English provides TEFL/TESOL online courses and face-to-face programmes, volunteer programmes to Uganda and other programmes through our partner organisations. We accept payment in 7 currencies for our online courses – Sterling, US Dollar, Euro, AU Dollar, NZ Dollar, HK Dollar and Canadian Dollar. Please select the currency you wish to pay with on the courses pages. Where appropriate, all taxes are included in the prices displayed. Online course prices are the same worldwide and we use sterling as our base price. Sterling prices are usually fixed for 6 month periods from January to June and from June to December and will not be varied between these times. Other currencies may vary from time to time subject to fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Prices for the Teaching Practice Programme in Italy are controlled and administered by TEiI in Florence and are subject to change at any time. Prices for the Weekend and 3 day courses are controlled and administered by the TEFL organisation (comprising TEFL England, TEFL Scotland, TEFL Wales and TEFL Ireland) and are subject to change at any time.
4. Postage costs - Global English accepts the postage costs for all outbound mail on our online and email courses. Some of our courses can be completed by post and Global English reserves the right to make a higher charge for printing and postage. Please call us for details. Postage to Global English and any additional costs in contacting us (e.g. telephoning) are met by the trainee. Additionally, Global English may recommend the purchase of some books for help with the course and beyond. The trainee meets the costs of book purchase, although our recommended reading list is kept to a minimum.
5. Method of payment - Trainees and Volunteers pay at point of sale.
a. By Internet - on the secure enrolment form via on our website we accept MasterCard, Visa Credit and Debit, Maestro, Visa Electron. If choosing to pay over the Internet, confirmation receipt will be sent via automated email. This details the date, delivery details, type of course, payment type and amount.
b. By telephone - if you choose to pay by telephone, we accept the same cards as above. Confirmation receipt will be sent via automated email once processed. Please note that weekend courses have to be paid in full before your place can be secured.
c. We also accept payment via Paypal, Bank Transfer and Western Union Money Transfer, personal sterling cheques, Euro cheques, postal orders in Sterling or Euro, and International Money Orders. Please contact us for details.
d. Global English accepts payment for training by institutions, government agencies or companies. Contact us in email@example.com if you require an invoice to be raised for your course. Payment must be received in full before course commencement.
6. Split payment - For Global English Level 1 online courses only, trainees can pay in 2 equal instalments, 60 days apart, in 2 equal instalments. The first payment is taken on the date of enrolment, the second sixty days later. For Global English Level 2 or 3 online courses only, trainees can opt to split their payment into 2-6 equal instalments. There is a small charge (£10 for Level 1 and £20 for Level 2) for splitting a payment. Trainees should note they are contractually obliged to complete the instalment plan initiated and that trainees who fail to keep to the payment deadlines will be in breach of contract and risk being withdrawn from the course by Global English. We reserve the right to make recovery of monies owed and pass on relevant details to debt collection agencies as necessary. We do not offer split payment facilities for weekend course programmes.
7. Cooling off period -
a) Online courses - trainees may return the course to us within 14 days of the date on the receipt - if they have not submitted a module for marking. Trainees within the 14 day refund period who have not submitted a module for marking can expect a full refund without stating a reason for the return. However, all course materials (such as course books and CD’s) must be returned to us in good order so that it may be resold by us. The trainee meets the cost of returning the course to Global English. The refund is normally issued within 7 days of the return of the course and course materials and made in the manner of the initial payment, less any bank charges incurred through bank transfers to non-sterling accounts.
b) Weekend courses - Refunds: all weekend and 3 day course fees are subject to a non-refundable £75 deposit, which will be retained by Global English should the trainee decide not to proceed with the course. Should the trainee decide to withdraw from the course within 14 days of the course commencing, then no refund will be issued. Course transfers are transferable up to 7 clear days before original course commencement and subject to availability for a £50 fee. Within 7 clear days, no transfers are permitted. No refunds are permitted on transferred courses.
8. Personal Tutor - access to a personal tutor is provided for help with the online courses. The personal tutor can be contacted via one or more of the following - telephone, Skype, email or messaging through our website. The personal tutor is responsible for the marking and grading all work and for the written course assessment. Your tutor will send a welcome email to you, usually within 24 hours of your enrolment.
9. Receiving your online course – Trainees will be sent an automated message with a password to access their Student login area via the Student Login page on our website. Each module is comprised of a study booklet and answer booklet. Trainees who have successful paid for their course can download the study booklet and answer booklets for Modules 1 and 2 straightaway from their Student Login page along with the ‘Essential Course Information' booklet. Trainees write their responses in the Microsoft Word answer booklet and then upload it to their Student Login page when ready. Course tutors will return work via the Student Login page when marked with a score and feedback.
Once all modules are completed, a final grade is awarded based the total number of marks gained, divided by the number of marks obtained. Grades given for the final GE certificates are either A, B or pass.
The tutor reserves the right to withhold a grade on a module where sufficient learning has not been demonstrated. In this case trainees may be asked to rewrite their answers so a grade can be awarded. This is only at the discretion of the tutor. All modules have to be completed at least 50% pass for a certificate to be awarded.
10. Course Completion and Certificate – we allow trainees up to a maximum of 450 days (18 months) to complete the Level 2 and 3 courses and 180 days (6 months) for the Level 1 courses, from the date of registration. On successful completion of the course, trainees will receive the appropriate Global English and/or ACTDEC certificate. Where appropriate, course extensions can be purchased via the Student Login page.
11. Weekend/3 day courses - if selecting a weekend or 3 day course, trainees will receive a receipt confirming the date of course chosen, the location and details of the payment amount, along with the cooling off period (see 7 above). Global English will pass details on to our weekend course partner, who will contact you with all the necessary information needed ahead of your course programme. They will issue a certificate upon successful weekend completion. Weekend/3 day courses are carried out under the TEFL organisations terms and conditions.
After initial booking, all correspondence about weekend/3 day programmes should be directed to TEFL Scotland at 0871 221 8335.
12. Teaching Practice Programmes - terms and conditions for the Teaching Practice programme in Thailand are available from Global English and can requested by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Terms and conditions for the Teaching Practice Programme in Italy are controlled and administered by TEiI in Florence and are available as part of the booking process with TEiI.
13. Volunteer Programmes - terms and conditions for the Uganda volunteer programmes are available from Global English and can requested by contacting us at email@example.com. Terms and conditions for the Projects Abroad Volunteer Teaching Practice programmes are available from Projects Abroad and are available as part of the booking process with Projects Abroad.
14. Work opportunities - Global English online course former trainees are teaching worldwide. However, successful completion of any course does not guarantee employment. Trainees can access information on teaching conditions and opportunities worldwide via our website. Some of this information is provided by Global English former trainees themselves. This information is general in nature but we are unable to guarantee complete accuracy. It is for general guidance only and does not constitute advice in any way and we strongly advise you to research a country further before travelling abroad to work, particularly regarding work and visa regulations. From time to time, recruiting schools and organisations contact Global English looking for teachers. We may post details on our web site and/or contact potential trainees who may be interested in these posts. However, these schools are not known to Global English and we strongly advise you to vet terms and conditions carefully before accepting work.
16. Complaints procedure - If you have any complaint about any aspect of the service you receive from Global English, please put your complaint in writing to the Course Director, and send to Global English at the address given in section 1 above, or via email to our centre. All complaints received in this form are recorded and processed by the department responsible, in accordance with our ISO Quality Policy.
17. Global English and English law – Global English is a partnership that resides in the UK and is subject to English law. Transacting with Global English is seen as acceptance of the terms and conditions here stated and, should a dispute arise, any proceedings are to be conducted in the UK and are to be subject to English law.